Sunday, December 30, 2018

How To Make an Omelette Without Breaking An Egg

So here at MYSUESTORIES manor I often wake up in the wee hours of the morning. Most often the reason is simply because it is the wee hours of the morning and I have the bladder of a 110 year old woman.
I also suffer from OCD Insomnia....In layman's terms it simply means I have the urge to accomplish many things before the rest of the world wakes up...it's a thing...check it out in my soon to be written book under the working title What in the World Goes on in the Mind of MYSUESTORIES?

Of course any plan of actually getting anything productive done goes right out the windows 10 the minute I fire up the old laptop. Thank you social media. But right up until that mesmerizing blue screen glow rises in the East, my intentions are as firm as a Kardashian' butt. And, I might therefore I will add: unlike the famous K-Butt, my, ahem, "intentions" are 100% organically home grown. Perhaps not as appealing to look upon as the infamous aforementioned K-Butt, but (two butts walk into a bar.......anybody? no? Just me? nevermind)......but I am darned proud of the sh!t I produce....
some times.... Maybe a little more than some times. To be honest, my thoughts and musings can care the bee-jesus out of me quite often.....but does that stop me? Nope, Sorry family...This train just keeps on going.....kinda like, well, a runaway train....

Again I digress. So I am up early, and being the loving, considerate wife that I am, I very qwietly slip out of the master bedour (read: the Love Nest with the waterfall trickling quietly bedside) to allow my precious Mountain Man to get his beauty sleep ......Let me note here that the aforementioned waterfall was not an architectural mastermind of mine, but rather due to a leaky roof that only appears to drip on any part of the bed I occupy.....

Well, I'm up and hour or so now, and If there's one thing I like to do is eat (along with laugh and cry, of course!). However, unconducive to my love of eating , is my fear of cooking. Okay....It's not so much a fear as it is an aversion. Just ain't my thang....
Lucky for me, my mountain man is a fantastic cook! Here comes the omelettes!

Only one issue. The mountain man, as you may recall, is still snuggled amongst the quilts of his lair, snoozing away. And I would never put my own self-serving needs before his by waking him up just to feed my insatiable hunger for cholesterol and bacon......
And then I remembered an old trick I used to use to get the kids out of bed by noon on a weekend.....

I turned on the oven, popped in a tray of bacon....and let nature have it's olfactory way with the mountain man!

Guess who just shuffled into the kitchen to start breakfast.......Your welcome.

No comments: