Saturday, December 29, 2018

They Get Me! They Really Get Me!

They Get Me! They Really Get Me!

Just last week I posted in this little space of mine how the Mountain Man and I were going to take the Crap out of Crapmas! We were planning to give our kids experiences instead of gifts. What could be more coveted by twenty and thirty something year olds than a commitment to be forced to spend time with us!

The Mountain Man and I stood firm and resisted the strong pull of the latest technology in phones and gaming and purchased the Experience of A Hot Air balloon ride for all!!!!!!!! Forget my very real fear of having my feet leave this earth in anything other than 1st Class (or business class, or ((shudder)) cattle section.........
Apparently I am willing to sacrifice my sanity and the possibility of hurtling to my death from the inner stratusphere (is that a thing?_ Hell let's just call it creative license at this point.


Anyway, apparently my kids are more than okay with the idea that if all goes as unplanned, this hot air balloon could be the last request I make.. and they are all just peachy with it. Can you feel the love tonight?

Which is another way of saying Be Careful What You Wish For~

On the other hand our oldest child/man/ manchild ....that last one sounded just a wee bit creepy......Anyhow, I digress....our oldest offspring, Smokey ("Only YOU can Prevent Forest Fires")--presented the Mountain Man and I with group tickets to attend a play ! Experiences! Not Gifts!
I actually may have been wrong all these years about our little buggers......They do listen!!!! .


Now I have to go through all my writings, memories, facebook posts, etc and make sure I didn't say anything unspeakable when I thought I was being ignored all these years!


Like I said....Be Careful What You Wish For

No comments: