Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Post..Do I Look Fat in These Stripes?




Okay, so Mother's Day is approaching, and I am still reveling in a gift I received from my firebug (ie: my eldest child) a few years back......I, constant follower of my blog, am an avid reader......There are weeks when I can plow through three or four books in a weekend.........I would visit the local library and grab five or six books (just in case I didn't like one or two past the jacket contents)...and read them through....

Well, this most thoughtful child of mine purchased a Kindle for me for Mother's Day....I was elated.....however, I was also wary......I LIKE books...I like turning the pages...the smell of the paper.....the occasional spider crawling out (ok, maybe not so much).......But, you know me....I refuse to let anything go to waste....So after a few weeks, I decided it was time to make friends with this electronic book reader...embrace the technology......

Easier said than done!

The Kindle is great! Until I realized they want you to pay for the books you download! And yes, you can get daily deals on specific books for as little as 99 cents...but still.....the library only charged me when I returned my books late...(ok, ok, I am a BAD borrower...)

Then I learned that you can download books for FREE from the library through e-live brary.....(Yes, I AM cheap...sorry....I don't know where that comes from...it certainly doesn't carry over to my shoe purchases!)

So now I use my library card and am able to download books (did I mention for FREE?) to my kindle via my laptop.......It's not so hard, although I did have to spend two 30 minute sessions (for FREE) with a library tech geek volunteer to figure it out....

Only thing is? It's a bit time consuming to down load the books, so I tend to download four or five at a time.....Only, you don't get thirty days with these e-books, like with regular paper (ugh) or hard cover books...You only get the download for 7 days....

Well, apparently I have a life and am busy, and I can't read all those books I worked so hard to download in only 7 days.....

Well.....guess what? I realized recently that as long as I don't connect my Kindle to wifi, those books do NOT disappear in 7 days! So now? I am keeping my Kindle charged and not connecting to wifi to HIDE my books from the library police!



Yes.....hi, I am Mysuestories, and apparently? I am a criminal....



Can't wait to see what I get this Mother's Day....Maybe handcuffs? Or a Striped jumpsuit? Please, kids......just a nice breakfast would be fine.....

No comments: