Tuesday, September 23, 2008

SNIFFLE, SNEEZE COUGH DUE TO COLD.....

Why is it that strep throat can turn the most stubborn headed of all 17 year olds in to their former sweet child like selves???? Must a fever be involved for this mule willed person to come back to that adorable boy of three? And how is it that an eleven year old with a cold serious enough to make him put down a controller for an evening reduces me to Doctor mode? What is it about a sick kid that returns me to Mother Hen?
Maybe it's me, but a simple case of the sniffles puts me back in gear as if the kids are toddlers again....Is this a glimpse of my mid life crisis? My need to nurture and heal? Guilt for having allowed a -yikes-germ to get past me and infect my brood?? Or maybe this is a sign that all the REALLY serious and bad stuff in this life is FINALLY OVER..... and now I have the luxury to dote over the sniffles .....Maybe it's me who is no longer CONSUMED by the need to worry about stuff I can't change or fret over what may never actually happen in the uncertain life of a single Mom....
Maybe God (mine, yours, any.... I don't think God is so specific that there isn't room for many different interpretations ) has seen fit to shower some sunshine on my part of the world...in the form of LOVE (Thank you, Pa Ingalls, for giving me back what I thought was gone forever....------what I once thought couldn't exist , at least it wasn't working for me like it seemed to for the rest of the world...) It's amazing how LOVE can just turn an entire family around...... How EVERYTHING is better because there is someone to share it with, good and bad(which no matter HOW bad, isn't nearly as bad as doing it all alone!!!!!)

Yeah, maybe today the sniffles and strep throat are a GOOD thing... and I can only hope that every little sneeze in the future has my undivided attention.....LOVE IS HANDING SOMEONE A TISSUE?-----

Is THAT why people say God Bless You when you sneeze? Well, I guess He already has.


It's amazing how therapeutic unread writings can be......

I guess I am my own favorite audience....

No comments: