Friday, December 12, 2008

Grey Skies Are gonna Clear Up

Our house is a shambles in the midst of remodeling- Remodeling that has been on going in some form or fashion for over a full year now. Christmas is fast approaching, and we haven't even put up our tree yet! We are having space issues, until even MORE walls are taken down. I haven't put very much of a dent in our Christmas shopping yet, and I'm usually done by November 1st! I'm finding myself more cranky and my Christmas spirit was leaning more towards mean spirited than holiday gleeful.

I practically swam to work today, mother nature having been kind enough to dump four inches of rain on our part of the country. Did I mention my old mitsubishi eclipse is the BEST car for hydro-planing? Only to be outdone in rain when it is on ice. That will be NEXT month's commute nightmare. On top of ALL this, all of my favorite CSI characters have left me, and I now have to decide if I want to forge new relationships or bail out before I am disappointed by new cast members that may or may not keep my favorite show afloat.

I was ready to call it a day before it even started.

Then I opened up the newspaper that my mountain man so thoughtfully packed with my breakfast (bacon and cheese and egg frittata- my cold morning favorite-thank you baby) this morning. There, on the travel page was a great big circle around ads for mini vacations for Vegas, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas. It seems the travel industry is practically giving away resort stays with flights included in these tough economic times. And there, in his nearly illegible but distinct scrawl, my mountain man wrote the words every girl longs to read (at least this girl!) PICK ONE!

Well, the day just got a whole lot sunnier. Thank you, Wesley! Did I mention that he clearly underlined the Two Adults line three times? WOO HOO!

Let's get this holiday on the go! Soon after, I've got packing to do!!!!

Did I mention that it's the most wonderful time of the year?!

No comments: