Monday, May 13, 2013

A Mother's Day Without Children....Is Still a Mother's Day!

Okay....So, I have FINALLY achieved the mother of all Mother's Day Gifts! All of my off-spring were otherwise engaged today (ie: work, schooling, parole-enforced guidance...) So, I, as a Mom, finally achieved what all Moms have been seeking since Eve fell for Adam's apple.....I was sans kids all day! When the youngans were young...(ie..toddlers...) my perfect mother's day was a day of tanning, pedicures, and manicures........Yep, that's right....a day without kids......What else could a mom of needy little blood suckers ( I mean loving children) ever want? Now? Okay.....the youngans are not quite so young......Still, the blood-letting continues....... But today? Today I found myself without youngans not so young...by the influence of their schedules, not mine (ie: work schedules, parole obligations, etc..) ....and let me tell you...woo hoo..I have achieved the ultimate Mom status....Hi, I am mysuestories, and I am childless for Mother's Day!!!!!Okay, Okay, so I am still waiting up for the youngest to get home from his skateboarding escapades....but still, for a few hours there, I was free........ The ultimate Mom experience? Is apparently to be without children......Who knew?

No comments: