Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gonna Get Myself Some Cheap Sun Glasses

It's summer time, and as dictated by the Gods of Any Reason to Party, the mountain man and I have been out and about quite a bit lately. We've found a great new (to us) summer time hang out on the waters of our lovely island, where the seafood is succulent, the music is jammin, Mon, and the atmosphere beckons those summer nights louder than a John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John duet.

Oh, did I mention this place has THREE bars? (Neither man, nor mysuestories, can live on food alone). We love this place, and have made it a regular mysuetsories dinner/after-dinner/late nite snack/drinks event this season.

One particular evening at the afore mentioned (ahem) social gathering establishment (our first visit there), we drank ate till our hearts content with the usual gathering of mountain man/mysuestories victims friends. After many STOLI and diet coke baked clams and dances that appear sexy only to the very lonely and the very inebriated, we departed for home. (Of COURSE we had a designated driver....We would never drink and drive. Besides, why else would we hang out with reformed alcoholics? It's not like they get my drunken hilarious sense of humor).

Anyway, upon arrival to mysuestories manor, I realized that I no longer had possession of my prized sunglasses. Now, don't be alarmed, constant reader, these lost glasses were not the $498.00 pair of Coach glasses, I love more than Russian vodka. (No. Definitely not that pair. As a matter of fact, there are laws that currently prevent me from wearing those glasses out of the Coach store without having paid for them. ---Mall security can be such kill joys).

Nope. The sunglasses I lost cost all of $12.99...Plastic, with leopard spots on a brown background, probably a Wal*Mart special. Yea...That's how I roll; mountain man spares no expense to spare my precious baby browns from the deadly UV rays...but, that's not what's important. Apparently.

So, I called the restaurant when we returned to mysuestories manor, and asked the hostess If they had found a pair of sunglasses, which she asked me to describe.

Mysuestories: Plastic with leopard spots on a brown background.

Hostess/Prissy Seating Demi God: No. Sorry. Like we only have a genuine designer pair with some rhinestones on them. Sorry, poor person who can't afford fancy shmancy glasses.

Click.

So, eyes be damned. I was out of luck.

About a week later, mountain man and I returned to said establishment with some friends for much needed late nite liquid nutritionsnacks.

I approached the hostess, who may or may not have been the same snooty hawty tawty hostess from the week before (I mean, when you've seen one gorgeous size 2, you've seen them all).


We requested an outside table for six, and
then I said,

"Oh, by the way, I was here last weekend, and lost a pair of sunglasses. I wonder if they turned up?"

To which Miss Snooty asked ," What kind were they?"

And without batting an eye, I said, "Designer. With rhinestones."

And that's how I am now sporting my new designer sunglasses!

Hey, that sun is harsh..... A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


Oh, and the place? Harbor Crab Company and Marina in New York. Check it out.... It's worth the trip. And if you find a pair of plastic brown glasses with leopard spots? You can keep 'em. I don't think I'll be needing them any time soon!!



Disclaimer: I have not been compensated in any way for the writing of this post. Unless, of course, you count the designer sunglasses.

No comments: