Monday, October 6, 2008

Stress Relief?

Where does one go to relieve the burden of major work related stress? I work full tine out side my home.....too many reasons why..... I've been at the same job 20 years..,It has seen me through two divorces and a long stretch of single mother hood , of supporting a home (eventually lost), two growing boys, worrying about covering bills, driving long distances to work through nasty weather.......And throug it all, I came through each and every time....
Now, I am at the happiest I have ever been in my personal life....There is no upheaval and worry about food, bills, car payments, etc....
Yet my professional life has become one of hell....I dread the end of the weekends...Suday is no longer a night of rest, but one of insomnia with the nausea of facing another week of stress heaped on by person(s) whose company I used to enjoy.....
My health has been deteriorating rapidly over the last two months.....Blood pressure so high it isn't even responding to medication, panic attacks........ xanax is now par for each work day......and why? All because I stood up (along with 5 other female colleagues) about a a male chauvinistic bully in our prescence.....He' wasn't even a supervisor, yet I (not the other 5, just me!) have been singled out to bear the brunt of management's anger...reduced to tears.... TOLD to drop this lawsuit(?)....... just CUT IT OUT...I am "aggravating " people...... anyone out there have ANY optionable suggestions??? I am unable to just quit.... But I swear I am a timid, nervous bundle of hypertension....set to explode at any time,..........What to do????

No comments: